Who is Audrey DeLong?
Everything I teach and lead is in a therapeutic style tailored to you, my student, and the season in which we find ourselves. Sometimes it’s fun and playful, sometimes it’s deep and real, sometimes it’s sensual and flirty, sometimes it’s all the things! For sure, it’s true and strong, compassionate and loving, intuitive and meditative. I lead using trauma-informed techniques to provide a safe and encouraging environment in which to grow, learn, and have fun!
- Private and Group yoga
- Paddleboard Yoga
- Goat Yoga
- Retreats, near and far
- Yin Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Restorative Yoga
- Ecstatic or Sacred Dance
- Pranayama (breath work)
- Vinyasa or Flow Yoga
- Trauma informed yoga
- Yoga for Therapy
- Paddleboard Yoga Teacher Training
Chronic stress is a leading cause of disease & early death so anything that cures & relieves the pathological pressure of our times is a healer & an aid. My mantra is: “If we’re not having fun, then we’re not!” Come, dive into all the possibilities with me.
I blog, write for publications, and I’m a sponsored athlete with Wolven Threads and GreensPlus. I love green tea and kombucha and you’ll usually find me adventuring into and within the inner sanctuary inside or outdoors. I am a stage 3 ovarian cancer survivor since 2002 and as such, I know what’s important and I live with a fervor for play and God/dess, and in both a lighthearted and genuine depth. Yoga is a lifestyle for me and one I am happy to share with all who want to come along for the ride! It has been a significant tool for me to remain cancer free and to live my best life possible.
I began teaching yoga in 2010 and completed my initial Yoga Teacher Training in Bali studying Vinyasa, Yin, and Restorative Yoga. I am now an Experienced 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT200) and have furthered my yoga teacher training in Yoga Therapy from the School of Integrative Yoga Therapy, studying Tantra Yoga in India, and with Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Yoga working with Stoked Yogi in San Diego and OnBoard SUP in Sausalito. I’ve been an EMT on an ambulance and in the ER, a ski patroller in Southern California, I am a lifeguard and have guarded at oceans, lakes, and pools since 2005, and I am a SUP instructor. I graduated University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and an English emphasis, minoring in journalism and communication.
Let me know if you’d like to work together privately or on an event, on the land or the water. Check the above Special Events tab for scheduled events and the above Shop tab for my offerings currently available.
What you can expect from me and my teaching:
- Attention to alignment, safety, hands-on assists & help (if it’s ok with you & the conditions allow)
- A deep understanding & continually growing knowledge of injuries, illness, & how we working through & with these to help in practice & life
- Support & encouragement of uniqueness, situation, & purpose
- Cultivation & inspiration to be present & live in the moment
- Use of centuries old yogic principles & techniques to cultivate awareness & health
- Lots of FUN
My hopes for you as my student are:
- To take what you learn on the mat (or the SUP) & find the strength & courage to put it into everyday life.
- Belief in Self & the importance of dreams.
- To know love, thereby truly able to love others & believe in them, & the Divine in us all.
- For us each to walk in total health & live a free, beautiful, blissful life.
- To daily find the courage to communicate clearly & kindly to loved ones & to those who are challenging.
- To feel confident in this body with a heart to serve & ability to honor the one next to us, near and far.
- To find balance between life’s responsibilities & living a full, fun life, which sometimes mean we have to get out of balance for a bit.
- To live in the pleasure of the moment & inspire others that it is possible, every moment, of every day.
- To live hopeful & expectant of miracles, yet real & down to earth.