Who is Audrey?
I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at me and say “Because of you, I didn’t give up.”
I live in sunny Redding, CA and travel near and far to teach yoga on the land and on the water. I’m an Elite Team Yogi with eco-friendly Glide Paddleboards, a SUP Yoga Teacher trainer, a contributing writer and blogger, and I host events and retreats around the globe.
I was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer in 2001 and have been to hell and back because of it, multiple times. Cancer spurred me to Live(!) and since that diagnosis, I’ve traveled to Bali for my initial yoga training. I am now an Experienced 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT200), a trained SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) and SUP yoga instructor. I’ve been an EMT on an ambulance and in the ER, a ski patroller in Southern California, and I’m currently working to complete my 1000-hours to become a Professional Yoga Therapist. I am a lifeguard and have guarded at oceans, lakes, and pools since 2005. I graduated University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and love people, adventure, God, a good tea whether it be fermented or green, sunshine, and hammocks.
Let me know if you’d like to work together privately or on an event, on the land or the water near you. Check the above Special Events tab for scheduled events and the above Shop tab for my products currently available.
What you can expect from me and my teaching:
- Attention to alignment, safety, hands-on assists & help (if it’s ok with you & the conditions allow)
- A deep understanding & growing knowledge of injuries, illness, & working through these to help you in your practice & life
- Support & encouragement of your uniqueness, situation, & purpose
- Cultivation & inspiration to be present & live in the moment
- Use of centuries old yogic principles & techniques to cultivate awareness & health
- Lots of FUN
My hopes for you as my student are:
- To take what you learn on the mat (or the SUP) & find the strength & courage to put it into your everyday life
- Belief in yourself & the importance of your dreams
- To know you are loved, thereby truly able to love others & believe in them, & the Divine in them
- For you to walk in total health & live a free, beautiful, blissful life
- To daily find the courage to communicate clearly & kindly to those you love & to those who are challenging
- To feel confident in you own skin with a heart to serve & ability to honor the one next to you, near and far
- To find balance between life’s responsibilities & living a full, fun life
- To live in the pleasure of the moment & inspire others that it is possible, every moment, of every day.
- To live hopeful & expectant of miracles, yet real & down to earth.